2018-02-07 / Obituaries

Charles J. Fulton, Sr.

1939-2018

Charles John Fulton, Sr., 78, of Berkeley Springs, died Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at his home while under the care of Hospice of the Panhandle.

Born August 27, 1939 in McGregor, Minn, he was the son of the late Willard Charles and Christine Marie Sutherland Fulton.

He was a member of the Berkeley Springs Seventhday Adventist Church where he had served as a Deacon.

He was a graduate of Mc- Gregor High School, McGregor.

He served with the U.S. Army from April 11, 1963 until his honorable discharge at the rank of E-3 on April 9, 1965. During his military service he was involved with Operation Whitecoat at Ft. Dietrich, Md.

He worked as a carpenter in the construction industry and liked restoring properties.

He liked gardening, woodworking and building log homes.

Surviving are his wife, Paula Margaret Fuchs Fulton, at home; five children, Juanita Prindle and Charles Fulton II, both of Berkeley Springs, Lucinda Rice, Hagerstown, Md., Willard Fulton, Gainesville, Va. and Bradley Fulton, Fairfax, Va.; two step children, Jack Fesinstine and Robin Fitzwater, both of East Stroudsburg, Pa.; three sisters, Ramona Hooper, McGregor, Judy Presnall, Bonners Ferry, Idaho and Maxine Coulter, Decatur, Ill.; 10 grandchildren, Brenda Prindle, Bel Air, Md., Andrew Prindle, Hagerstown, Jamie Wallace, Cascade, Md., Jessica Rice, Thurmont, Md., Lacee Fulton, Great Cacapon, Crystal Prindle, Kelcee Allen, Zachary Fulton and Ethan Fulton, all of Berkeley Springs and Cherith Fulton, Fairfax; five great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m., Sunday, February 11 at Berkeley Springs Seventh-day Adventist Church, 3606 Valley Road, Berkeley Springs with Pastor Jason Disch officiating. Interment will be private.

Memorial contributions can be made to Berkeley Springs Seventh-day Adventist Church, 3606 Valley Road, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411.

Arrangements are being handled by Helsley-Johnson Funeral Home & Cremation Center, 95 Union Street, Berkeley Springs.

Return to top