2013-05-15 / Columns

Filing for child support in Morgan County

by Kate Evans

A parent seeking child support doesn’t need a court order to seek those payments from a non-custodial parent, said Donya Bennett, child support specialist III from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) office in Morgan County.

The parent seeking child support can call DHHR at 304- 258-1350 for an application to begin the process or they can stop by their office at 64 Regal Court off Valley Road. No appointment is necessary.

The application is also online at the West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement webpage on the DHHR website, Bennett said.

Applications are also available at the Morgan County Courthouse in the Circuit Clerk’s office on the third floor.

Apetition for child support is filed here if the person seeking child support lives in Morgan County.

If one party lives out of the state, child support officials will use interstate forms to get assistance from other states.

If someone has a child support order from another state, but lives here, Morgan County will proceed to collect the child support payments, Bennett said.

Parties receiving child support payments can choose to have their payments placed on a Visa debit card or directly deposited into their bank account rather than getting them by mail.

Return to top