Lifesaving for pets
I recently called a friend and what he told me brought a deep concern. Diesel, my friend’s dog, swallowed a tennis ball. The ball went past his windpipe and to where it was blocking his stomach. Happy to say, Diesel reached the animal clinic in time.
When I did a search on how to remove a tennis ball if swallowed, I was totally alarmed with what I read. A tennis ball is the worst toy for a large dog to play with. Tennis balls are easily swallowed.
We learn lifesaving techniques for our loved ones. I think we need to learn lifesaving techniques for our pets also.
Do you know where your nearest emergency animal hospital is?
Elizabeth M. Sullivan
Paw Paw/East Manatee, Florida